Главная > Новости
A Decanter Centrifuge separates solids from one or two liquid phases in a continuous process. This is accomplished using centrifugal force, which can be well over 3000 times that of gravity. When subjected to this force, the denser solid particles are pressed outward against the walls of the rotating bowl, while the less dense liquid phase forms a concentric inner layer.
Horizontal bowl centrifuges, also known as decanters, centrifugal decanters or simple decanters, are primarily used to separate liquids and considerable amounts of solids. Typical industrial decanter applications include crude oil tank bottoms; waste oil; industrial wastewater; sludge dewatering; fish meal; paint sludge; rendering, etc. Decanters can continuously separate more than 50% of solids from liquids.
The decanter centrifuge uses the same principle of gravity. However, unlike glass mixtures, the process is accelerated by the use of continuous rotation. In fact, the rotation provides 1000 to 4000 times the normal gravitational force, reducing the time required for separation from hours to seconds.
1. The slurry enters the Centrifuge through a feed tube and is brought onto a conveyor belt.
2. Using the internal feed bin, the conveyor feeds the slurry through a nozzle into the bowl.
3. The centrifugal bowl rotates at high speed, generating centrifugal force.
4. The high speed rotation separates the solid material from the liquid in a few seconds.
5. The conveyor conveys the solid material upward and discharges it through the nozzle.
6. The solid material is removed and the purified liquid is discharged through a separate output port. The ability to purify liquids makes decanter centrifuges ideal for wastewater treatment facilities. However, this type of centrifuge plays an important role in a variety of industries. Similar to other decanter centrifuge equipment, centrifuges are simple to install and do not require a foundation to be built. Their efficiency saves time and materials and is an important part of many blue-collar industries.
The decanter centrifuge is very versatile and can be adapted to different throughputs and process and material types. The machines are easy to adjust, require no operator attention, are relatively quiet, and have a small footprint. The company also offers Screen Centrifuges, so please feel free to contact us if you need one!